Friday, March 21, 2008

What's the world coming to?

I spent my morning organizing the Blue & Gold Banquet for our Cub Scout Pack. Scouts is a very large part of my family's life. My husband has been Cub Master for the Pack and is an Assistant Leader for our Boy Scout Troop as well. I have been the Committee Chair for the Pack for many years. So, as you can see, we are very involved in this wonderful program. And it's not just Scouts that we support. My volunteer record includes PTA, POA (Property Owners Association), and Parent Advisory Committee (Local and District). We believe in supporting people and teaching our children about community involvment. Values and morals are at the top of the list for "things to teach your child".



Having said all that, here is my point. My husband received an email yesterday stating that our ATM account had been credited. All he needed to do was send in his address, account number and social securty number. I hope no one falls for this sceme. Please realize that if this was on the up and up, your bank would not ask for your account number or social security number.



What's the world coming to? What ever happened to working for what you get. Hard work is how you get ahead in this world. How can someone sleep at night knowing they took someone's hard earned money by tricking them. What's the old saying? "Honesty is the best policy." Times are tough for most people, having your money taken by a scamer only makes matters worse. So spread the word to friends and family to aware of this scam.

No comments: