Friday, January 16, 2009

BURRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!

Am I at the beach? You could have fooled me! We are having an Arctic cold front bringing temperatures to lows which we haven't seen since 2005. This morning it was 23 degrees when I took the children to school. The high today is only around 36 degrees. And tonight is no better! Lows around 19!!!

The good thing is, it will pass as quickly as it came and our mild temperatures will return. Sometimes I wonder, what are we complaining about? Parts of the Northwest are experiencing 40 and 50 BELOW and snow upon snow.

I guess that's why I love living in the south. We have mild winters with average temps around 52. Cold spells come and go quickly and warm days are always around the corner. Like last week, it was 70 degrees. Christmas Day was a perfect day for a relaxing walk on the beach with temps in the upper 60's pushing 70.

I will not lie. I am a summer girl 100%. I LOVE warm weather and being able to get out and enjoy the sunshine. So for today, I'll wrap up and try to stay warm by the fire but this weekend it's water slides and pools and a local indoor water park. A perfect weekend to escape the winter.

Hope you all have a great long weekend!

No comments: