Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow!

Well, I'm back from my long weekend in Myrtle Beach, SC. My sister and her family came down and we spent the weekend at The Dunes Village. During the winter, the rates are very cheap and include the 2 indoor water parks. It was a great weekend just hanging out by the pool and shoting down the water slides. We were all big kids.

Now, back to work and snow is in the forecast. All across NC they are calling for snow. Some areas like Raleigh are already seeing some accumulation. Here? I'm listening to the rain as I blog. But they are calling for flurries this afternoon and evening with a slushy accumilation of less than an inch. What fun is the snow if you can't go out and play in it?

The thing about snow in the south is it is usually gone as fast as it comes. Growing up in the Piedmont of NC, I remember it snowing 4 or 5 inches but it was all gone within a matter of a day or two. It hung around long enough to sled on the trash can lid, build a snowman and make a snow angel.

It will be nice to see the flurries and enjoy a warm day inside with the children. No school because it's a teacher workday so we'll sit by the fire, sip hot cocoa and watch the Presidential Innaguration.

Changes in the weather and changes in the real estate market have come about over the past week. The office has property under contract, two more offers coming in and two listings. I am excited and really looking forward to 2009.

I hope you have a warm day and if snow is in your yard, build a snowman for me!

No comments: