Thursday, January 22, 2009

Home Mortgages

Lately I have been asked many questions about mortgage loans. Who has the best rate? Where should I go? When should I go to the bank? Do you think I could get a loan? Are there any special programs available that I qualify for?

I give everyone the same advice. Mortgage loans, rates, and company policy change daily and some even a couple times a day. My best advice to you is to see about a mortgage before you ever start your home search. This way you know exactly the right price range in which to search. I also recommend you talk to at least three different companies. Start with your current financial institute and/or mortgage company. Sometimes banks/lenders will offer specials to current customers.

Be prepared with last years tax return, pay stubs, and current debts. This will get you started and the lender will let you know what else they need. Credit score plays a big part in todays mortgage arena. So take care of it! Nuture and protect it like it was one of your children.

No comments: